FRED - Guitar Pedal by ZUTA
Meet FRED = Filter + Resonance + Envelope + Distortion. FRED is amplifying, twisting and swirling frequencies in sometimes chaotic ways and will sometimes lead your tone into many unpredictable directions. FRED is very sensitive to what you feed it with. It was originally designed for Electric Bass Guitar but turned out to be fun to play with any signal coming into it. Chasing the perfect tone is a never-ending task and when the technical side is satisfied, the aesthetics are in line. This pedal is a creative Envelope Filter and with its wacky sound color it will spice up your guitar tone by adding a certain dose of vocal characteristics. For the grit lovers an overdrive signal path is included and accessed by pressing the MOD button, which in combination with the Envelope Filter generates pronounced distortion, especially in the bass frequency range.
FROM CLEAN TO EXTREME
The dynamic envelope sweep is controlled by the Reflex knob and determines the accent’s location - low setting responds slower with pronounced bass and high setting resounds fast with sharp sound. The strength of the accent is determined by the strength of the pluck / strum.
- SPEED 4-way rotary switch - controls the release time which affects the auto wah function;
- REFLEX pot control - chooses the frequencies that will be included in the sweep;
- MOD illuminated switch - overdrive signal path.
- ON/OFF footswitch,
- True bypass;
- IN and OUT original Cliff jacks;
- DC power input.
- One single PCB with all components solid soldered, no wires and no connectors inside;
- Aluminium knobs with ultra-sharp grip;
- Original Cliff Jacks;
- High Quality metal shaft potentiometers;
- Slanted shape for better sight and easy foot control access;
- Made to slide into a rail pedalboardTM;
- Mechanically and electrically isolated footswitch;
- Internal power deliverance 30V span out off +/- 15V power rails, superior stability in power supplying the circuit;
- Bigger headroom, can handle high signals without clipping internally;
- Lower noise floor;
- Wider frequency bandwidth;
- Uncompressed signal flow, retains string separation.
- long lasting, lasered reflective white graphics;
- full analog circuit;
- studio quality sound;
- easy to repair, assemble/disassemble;
- easy transport.
- 20 dBu Nominal Input Level 1MΩ Input Impedance;
- 20 dBu Nominal Output Level 1KΩ Output Impedance;
- 10KΩ Recommended Load Impedance;
- 9-18V DC, 200mA, center negative power supply, not included;
- Dimensions (w d h): 67 x 117 x 61mm; 2.64 x 4.6 x 2.4”;
- 250g; 0.55 lbs weight.
Swedish designed art and technology
handbuilt to define the highest quality