GBG120 - Tube Amp by ZUTA
As a part of the scene that became legendary in the Late -80:s through the -90:s known to the world as “The Gothenburg Sound” ZUTA is now Introducing the revolutionary and ultimate guitar amplifier for the most discerning musician:
Behold the “GBG120” Tube Amp
It’s our all analogue 19” rack-mounted tube amp, 3 rack units high. And the best part? It's only 7,8” (20 cm) deep – a 120W powerhouse! Taking you from the 1950:s to the 2050:s in a flash!
With its ultra compact design sporting 4 channels, each featuring separate Gain, Volume, and EQ controls, and multiple console-style Mode switches that are illuminated in different colours for visual feedback in any environment, so that you always can see what you’re doing – even in the darkest of venues. You’ll be able to dial in the exact sound you’re looking for in no time! You can be sure that your sound will be as clean, soft, sweet, delicate, funky, sparky, crunchy, rocking, powerful, expressive, and aggressive as you are. The GBG120 is super-responsive and organic. We have worked extremely hard not to sacrifice the clean sound on the expense of the ultra-high gain capabilities. This was only made possible through implementing four different pre-amp topologies all working together inside this amp!
FROM CLEAN TO EXTREME
Unlike other amplifiers that can take up a lot of precious stage or studio space, our amplifier’s slim design makes it the perfect choice for any musician who needs a powerful and versatile amplifier that won’t take up too much room.
But our amplifier isn’t just compact – it’s also packed with features that will blow your mind. With a solo section for added versatility active on all 4 channels, and a built-in addressable gate per channel to help you achieve the perfect tone with zero noise – our amplifier is unlike anything you’ve ever played before. And with both serial and parallel loop options, you can easily incorporate your favourite pedals and effects into your setup.
Let’s not forget about the tubes – with 12AX7 tubes in the pre-amp section, KT88, KT77, 6550, 6L6 and EL34 tubes in any combination in the power-amp section. You can achieve that rich, warm, and dynamic sound that only comes from tube amplifiers. And with our quality that is “Beyond Boutique” amps, you can trust that this amplifier was built to last and to deliver the performance you would expect and need in the most critical of situations, like on a live stage or in a hot session in the studio cutting your next track.
- GATE – Threshold knob, each channel has a GATE button to activate the gate function independently, rotating the knob counter-clockwise will raise the threshold resulting in that less signal will pass.
- LINE – This button gives you the control to toggle between LINE IN and INST IN, but this only affects the jacks on the rear panel.
- GAIN, VOLUME, LOW, MID, HIGH – Separate knob sections for each of the 4 channels;
- Channel 1 – Dedicated 4 buttons, LOW CUT, GAIN, GATE, BRIGHT;
- Channel 2 – Dedicated 4 buttons, VINTAGE, GAIN, GATE, BRIGHT;
- Channel 3 – Dedicated 4 buttons, VINTAGE, GAIN, GATE, BRIGHT;
- Channel 4 – Dedicated 4 buttons, LOW BOOST, TIGHT, GATE, MID BOOST;
- SOLO – Dedicated LEVEL knob;
- PRESENCE knob dampens the brightness of the amp when turned counter-clockwise.
- PRESENCE Frequency Shift button is located in between the PRESENCE knob and DEPTH knob.
- DEPTH – Speaker cabinet frequency resonance knob.
- MIX – This knob operates as a “Send” in serial mode and “Mix” of dry vs wet signal when engaged the parallel mode.
- “//” – The parallel loop button is located above the MIX knob.
- FX – This activates the MAIN FX loop and is located above the MIX knob.
- SFX – This activates the SOLO FX loop and is located above the MASTER knob.
- STAND BY - AB-A-B – This is the STAND BY stepped rotary knob on the front panel above the POWER button. You can choose STAND BY which puts the amp in stand by mode. You can choose AB which engages booth pairs of power-amp tubes. You can also choose A or B which engages only one of the pairs of power-amp tubes and cuts it down to half power. Possible combinations 4 x KT88, 4 x KT77, 4 x 6550, 4 x 6L6 or 4 x EL34 or for example a mix of one pair of 6L6 and one pair of EL34. Or run it in half power mode for example mode “A” a pair of 6L6 or mode “B” a pair of EL34.
- POWER – The POWER button turns on the amp, the illuminated colours of the POWER button will change accordingly to the modes selected with the STAND BY stepped rotary knob located above the POWER button. BLUE for active and RED for stand by.
- MASTER – Master volume knob.
- GBG button activating DIODE bridging for the channels 2-3-4 adding more compression and clipping to the signal. It is located under the STAND BY stepped rotary knob and organized in pair A and pair B. The 4 diodes around the GBG button indicates which tube pairs are active. GREEN diodes means active and RED diodes means stand by.
- SPEAKER OUT JACKS – 2 x 4 Ohms + 2 x 8 Ohms + 1 x 16 Ohm.
- INPUT – INPUT JACK 1 on the front panel and INPUT JACK 2 located on the rear panel. The INPUT on the front panel is “Master“ and overrides both the INST IN on the rear panel and the LINE IN on the rear panel. Even if the LINE switch is engaged on the front panel.
- INST OUT – This is a buffered signal just passing through, delivering an unaltered and equally levelled signal, which can be used to play through 2 x GBG120 creating a stereo rig.
- LINE IN – Balanced line-in level signal located on the rear panel, can be used for Re-Amping or as an external hardware plugin connected to your AD/DA of your DAW. You can also connect a line level signal coming from a wireless system for example.
- LINE OUT – Balanced line-out level signal located on the rear panel, the signal is derived after the power Amp section before hitting the speaker cabinet. Attention!!! A speaker MUST ALWAYS BE CONNETCED TO THE SPEAKER JACKS at all times during all operational scenarios with this Amp!!!
- The FX - SEND & RETURN – Send and Return jacks are located on the rear panel.
- The SFX - SOLO SEND & RETURN – It is only active when the SOLO button and the SFX button are both engaged. Send and return jacks are located on the rear panel and the SFX loop is only serial and you can use the switch to change between +4 and -10 operating level.
- FOOT CTRL – Foot controller XLR connector is located on the rear panel.
- FS-1 – Foot controller with 6 switches and an XLR connector on the side panel.
- Pre-amp tubes are 7 x 12AX7.
- Power-amp – You can choose to use 4 x KT88, 4 x KT77, 6550, 4 x 6L6 and 4 x EL34 or mix with one pair of 6L and one pair of EL34.
- 19” Rackable.
- Ultra silent industry quality level built in fan, for cool operation under any circumstance.
- 230V/115V Switchable voltage selector located on the rear panel. ATTENTION! Changing voltage requires change of FUSE to the appropriate value. FUSE socket located at the MAINS INPUT located on the rear panel.
- Dimensions (w d h): 483 x 220 x 133 mm; 19 x 8.66 x 5.25”.
- 16 kg; 35 lbs weight.